19 December 2009

my baby´s name

I will stop calling him "the baby." It does not do him justice. He is David, our son. He is not only a problem. he is also the sweetest joy, the nicest piece of cake. He is funny amd alert and happy. He moves a lot and with pleasure. He screams and sings and gurgles and calls out to the world. He grew up to be such a fine baby. He is easy to console. Even in the night, he rarely cries for extended periods of time. He wakes up very often, I grant that, but if one of us is with him, and if he gets the milk he needs, he is back asleep in no time. Problem is we can not wake up and fall asleep as easily as he does, 5 times, 7 times, sometimes even 10 times in 11 hours.

He sleeps enough, we don´t.

He is happy. I am not.

It is my problem, not his.

From his point of view, I am a great mother. He likes me. Maybe he likes me so much that he wants to wake up at night to be with me.