14 December 2009

why a blog? (second part)

Because I saw this movie: Julie and Julia. I liked it very much. It is about two very special women. None of them a womanmother. Just women. One a famous cook and TV presenter. The other a young unacknowledged writer with a nice partner and a very unsatisfying job. And a blog. The two women, otherwise separated by a time span of over 50 years are united, virtually, by the blog. And by cooking.

I was sitting in the middle of an almost empty movie theater, on a sunday night. Early sunday night. As becomes a new mother, baby and partner waiting at home. As the movie unfoldes, I find myself thinking: hey I am also an unacknowledged writer. I also have an unsatisfying job: being a mother. (which does not mean I do not enjoy being with my baby, I will explain later why I call it an unsatisfying job)

I never attempted a blog before and I rarely read other people's blogs. But this was somehow an idea that stuck. A way of saying all the things that are queuing on my tongue. Are pushing one another towards my lips. It is really rush-hour down there. I swallow them away, but they come back. Sometime in unnecessary fights with my partner. More times in necessary fights. Sometimes in sad brooding. Many times in insomnia.

Some two weeks after I saw the movie I started this blog.